Tuesday, December 10, 2013

More Holiday Prep

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10396429/?claim=ytxzcq8gkux">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
I posted this pattern on google as a repost from someone else. It's fun to do and easy to follow and is a departure on the horizontally crocheted scarves I usually make. It's fast to work and these two were done with two different size yarns and hooks.
The black and white is done with a light worsted weight yarn and a G hook. The white and rainbow is done with a chunky yarn and a J hook. Neither took more than a few hours to make even with the addition of the fringe. And both so neat. The possibilities are endless if you have a yarn stash like mine.
Mug rugs and coasters make great additions to a gift basket filled with homemade goodies, a mug or two, some hot chocolate packets and there you have it. These were made from remnant pieces I won online in an auction on  Listia. Here's a link  https://www.listia.com/signup/3799850
They were already cut into squares and rectangles and are upholstery fabric samples. Perfect for a project like these.
 My new Singer has quite a few decorative stitches, so I tried them all out on these. So much fun and, aside from having to re-thread the needle a couple times (which is hard for a far-sighted person like me), it was effortless.
 The last two here are backed with some off white felt I had from another project. I still plan to put a border around them using some blue piping I have.
 Here are some links to more pictures of my latest and greatest (if I do say so myself)  - http://www.facebook.com/CsCraftedCreations
and    https://www.etsy.com/shop/3Csshop
The creche has been updated this past Sunday to include another animal and the shepherd. I put in the cow and the lamb with some straw on the 1st. Next Sunday I'll add the Holy Family, sans the babe, of course; my set doesn't have an empty cradle or manger. I'm not sure whether to add the Wise Men after the 25th or add them along with the appearance of the Baby Jesus. To be correct, they don't appear until quite a while after the birth, but we'll have to play around with those details, I suppose.

Have a good time with all your preparations for the holidays. I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment