Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day Comings and Goings

Another Year Bites the Dust My 59th year of living is but a memory now. I remember my 30th birthday, nearly 30 years ago, when I marveled that the "milestone" of turning 30 did not make me feel old; my quarter-century mark seemed much more profound at the time. Approaching the 60th anniversary of life feels a bit more on the inspiring side than previous mile markers. Time has been passing much too swiftly and I hope to do more savoring and less speeding through it in the future. 'Nuff said about my age. "C's Crafted Creations" shop on etsy.com has become "3Csshop" and I have acquired a few repeat customers, I'm extremely happy to say. I've been branching out a bit from crocheting exclusively and including some sewn items. Never officially told I have ADD or ADHD, nonetheless, I have a tendency to keep several projects on line at the same time. I enjoy new challenges, so whether that means I have a 'disability' or not, I prefer to think of it as an 'ability' to be creative in more ways than one, at the same time even. Crocheting in the warmer months means a complete change in pending inventory, certainly. No more winter hats and scarves, no more neck warmers or mittens. Patterns for light stoles, pretty and airy scarves, purses and bags, vests of cotton and bamboo, even swimsuit coverups are now the focus. In temporary storage is the wool yarn cache, with acrylics in fall and winter colors joining the skeins and balls for now. Out of the stash are spring and summer colors in the natural fibers that keep one covered and cool at the same time. I love just perusing through them and then hope for inspirations to come. Being a slightly-better-than-novice at sewing means my projects have been, what to me is, uncomplicated. Blankets and bedspreads, tote bags and pillows are what I've been creating. A little hand quilting to go along with that on the blankets, because I do so love to do hand sewing. Have I mentioned that I still darn socks, too? For Mother's Day, which followed my birthday by a few days, I gave my Mom a stole I made(I have one similar to it for sale on etsy) and she loved it. I am now working on a messenger bag for one of my repeat customers. I really enjoy doing custom orders and feel like this is going to be the cornerstone of my shop in the future. It's just wonderful to be creating something you already know someone wants! Season's Change and So Do I What has been a struggle for the past year is to be forgotten. Coming back to normalcy from the accident, I still have my moments of fear and flashback when in an automobile. Our recent trip to the Appalachians was not without a few. But all told, I'm much more comfortable riding than I was a year ago. The residual aches and pains of injuries sustained have become the status quo and I embrace them, when they appear, as a reminder to be thankful for the present life I now enjoy. "O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who are in most need of Your mercy."

No comments:

Post a Comment